A feed for mares on pastures and/or hay sources that contain lower protein levels. It contains higher levels of amino acids to comply with the additional demands of reproduction (lactation) and growth in young horses. A palatable mix for broodmares during pregnancy and lactation. This stud mix is also ideal for feeding to other stud animals as it provides ample nutrients for working stallions and growing young stock. It is very important that mares are fed a balanced ration. This rations contains higher levels of lysine and methionine to comply with the additional demands of reproduction (lactation) and growth in young horses. It also contains higher levels of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, manganese, zinc, selenium, organic selenium and biotin for the development of strong bones, joints and hooves. The selenium, zinc, copper, manganese, vitamin E and vitamin A improve the fertility in breeding mares and spermatogenesis in stallions.
- Barren, pregnant, lactating mares
- Working stallions
- Growing young stock
Features and Benefits:
- Easily digestible energy and protein sources for sustained foal development and milk production
- Quality vegetable protein sources which helps ensure the foal’s potential for growth whilst development in not inhibited
- Boosted levels of micro-nutrients in the correct balance providing sufficient minerals and vitamins for the mare and the developing skeletal structure of the foal
- Fortified with minerals and vitamins
Feed dry mares 2 – 3 kg, pregnant mares 3 – 4 kg, lactating mares 6 – 8 kg, yearlings 4 – 6kg daily according to body weight, condition, reproduction stage and growth rate, with ad lib good quality roughage.