A QUICK SOAK 10 MINUTE BEET – The Original and the Best!
A highly nutritious, quick soaking beet pulp feed, with no added molasses, Speedi-Beet is 95% sugar free. Made using only best quality British Beet Pulp, Speedi-Beet is subjected to our patented cooking process to produce a unique feed which is unlike any other HorseBeet.
There’s a high proportion of soluble fibre, mostly pectins in Speedi-Beet, which means its fibre is more easily digested than that found in forage e.g. hay. This makes it a great source of non-heating slow release energy.
It’s starch free and low in sugar, so safe for laminitics.
Speedi-Beet is extremely versatile. Feed it in small amounts to overweight horses as a carrier for a multivitamin and mineral supplement or in larger quantities to a poor doer for weight gain, or to a working horse for energy.
- Highly palatable and digestible feed
- Made with best quality British Beet Pulp
- Soaks in ten minutes
- Unique cooking process for improved nutrient availability
- Non-heating slow-release energy
- Zero starch and only 5% sugar
- Suitable for equines prone to gastric ulcers as part of a balanced diet
- Ideal for horses and ponies prone to laminitis
- High water content to aid rehydration
- Prebiotic effect due to the beet fibre
- Non-GM, no additives, or preservatives
- Ideal for horses with poor teeth
- A versatile feed for all horses and ponies
So easy to prepare!
Add 1 part dry Speedi-Beet to 5 parts water by weight.
So ½kg of dry Speedi-Beet would require 2½ litres of water.
Add more water to make a sloppier mash if you want to help your horse rehydrate.
You can prepare in advance if you wish, but store in cool conditions and feed within 24 hours of soaking.
Speedi-Beet is so versatile. You can feed it in small amounts to a horse that is prone to weight gain or as a carrier for a mineral/vitamin supplement or medication. Or you can feed in larger amounts to a horse needing energy for performance or to add condition. It’s ideal for horses whose starch intake needs limiting, like those prone to laminitis, and can be fed alongside all kinds of compound feeds and balancers.
Always measure your Speedi-Beet out dry and then soak.
It expands to hold 5x its weight of water on soaking.
Speedi-Beet can be fed at up to 0.5kg (dry weight i.e. weight before soaking) per 100kg bodyweight of horse. So that means for a 500kg horse you can feed up to 2.5kg of Speedi-Beet (dry weight) each day.